NVQ Supporting, Teaching and Learning (STL) Assessor
As an NVQ Assessor you will be responsible for the administration, preparation and assessment of NVQs including the delivery of training sessions. The assessment of learners will vary across all role levels and areas of the business and cover a spectrum of qualifications. You will be expected to assist with continually monitor and review learners, provide feedback and assist with action planning to promote their learning.
You will assess learners to relevant NVQ occupational standards within their workplace, whilst ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed and as well as participating in the planning and implementation of induction and assessment, ensuring that all programmes are developed and enhanced as appropriate.
Main responsibilities will also include:
- Supporting learning and development of all learners in line with specific needs
- Delivering training, relevant to areas of the programme, as required
- Visiting learners in the workplace and assessing them as part of their NVQ qualifications to ensure the successful outcome for the NVQ in line with contractual requirements and targets.
- Prepare, agree and review assessment plans with each candidate. Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted on time.
- Visit learners at least once per month within the workplace to provide support, prepare action plans, undertake assessments and provide feedback on performance.
- Efficient and effective operation of the assessment process in line with IQA policy relating to the requirements of the awarding body representatives
- Carry out 8 weekly reviews with apprentices ensuring all party involvement.
- Carry out interim and exit reviews
- Manage and maintain learner folders in line with audit requirements.
- Assist with development of the provision to ensure the programme is up to date.
- Liaise with the course tutor to ensure that the learners needs are met on the course.
- Promote apprenticeships, with employers including encouragement of progression routes.
- Maintain knowledge of funding streams and eligibility criteria.
- Undertake Health and Safety checks for learners on programme.
- Ensure the full embedding of all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirement (including Safe Learner Concept) are complied with and all candidates are given fair access to assessment.
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
- Attend and participate in meetings, as required.
- Maintain annual record of CPD, minimum 30 hours (pro rata).
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students with whom you come into contact.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and good housekeeping
- Additional duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Director
Location: North West region – Head offices based in Prenton and Liverpool City Centre
- Previous experience of working as an assessor
- An assessor qualification/teaching or training qualification
- Experience of writing, planning and delivering training sessions
- Full, clean driving licence
Business Administration Appreniceship – Cashin Grean Mortgage Advisors, Wallasey
Are you enthusiastic, driven and love communicating with people from all walks of life? Do you want to work in an office environment that is different every day? If so, we have the perfect role for you with fantastic opportunities to work, learn and begin a career in Business Administration. Mortgage Advice Bureau is a […]Read more
Sports Coaching Apprenticeship – St John Fisher R C Aided Primary School
Working in a successful primary school and acting as a great sporting role-model for our children. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes, support teachers delivering PE and run after school sport activities. We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our […]Read more
Business Administration Apprenticeship – Russell Taylor Group
Are you enthusiastic, driven and love communicating with people from all walks of life? Do you want to work in an office environment that is different every day? If so, we have the perfect role for you with Russell Taylor Group, Bromborough. Russell Taylor is a leading recruitment agency, looking for an excellent candidate to […]Read more
Primary School Supply Teacher – Cheshire Schools
Are you an excellent teacher looking for supply work immediately? Increased demand means that we are happy to pay retainer rates to strong candidates – this means you will be guaranteed a daily rate. We are looking for teachers who can cover a range of supply positions, both short and long term, in many of our partner schools in Wirral commencing in September 2016. This is a great opportunity for individuals to gain experience working in good Wirral schools whilst enhancing their personal reputation. Exceptional performance in your supply role can often lead to more permanent positions.
Ex Military Mentor – Widnes Schools
Military Style Education are looking for somebody to join their team! Are you ex-military? Did you serve more than 5 years? Are you over 25? Do you want to be a positive role model and help children reach their full potential in school? Would you like to join the fastest growing team of ex military […]
Primary Teacher (Long term supply post) @ Cheshire Schools
JM Recruitment, Education and Training has long standing relationships with Primary schools across Merseyside and Cheshire, supporting schools to provide high quality professionals for both temporary and permanent teaching posts. We are looking for a candidate who can cover a long-term supply position in a Cheshire school. This school is easily accessible by public transport. […]
Senior Role @ Cover Supervisors & NQTs
JM Education has long standing relationships with Primary schools across Merseyside and Cheshire, supporting schools to provide high quality professionals for both temporary and permanent teaching posts.Read more
NVQ Business Administration Assessor
Job Summary You will be responsible for a caseload of work-based NVQ candidates and will plan and carry out assessment against National Occupational Standards, ensuring timely achievement of qualifications. Principle Duties Visiting learners in the workplace and assessing them as part of their NVQ qualifications to ensure the successful outcome for the NVQ in line […]Read more
NVQ Supporting, Teaching and Learning (STL) Assessor
Job Summary As an NVQ Assessor you will be responsible for the administration, preparation and assessment of NVQs including the delivery of training sessions. The assessment of learners will vary across all role levels and areas of the business and cover a spectrum of qualifications. You will be expected to assist with continually monitor and […]Read more